Friday, August 24, 2007

Researching the Law of Attraction.

Researching the Law of Attraction.

I thought I would take a break from just posting Neville Goddard's quotes and try to go into more of the "Why" and " What" of Neville's teachings. Not that it alters the words any, but just basically for my own curiosity.
Yes I am well aware of the warnings associated with cats, but being human I don't worry too much about that.
The first interesting thing I found was this as I was reading about Joseph Murphy....

" For some time, Murphy studied under a black Jewish teacher named Abdullah on the topics of religion, mysticism and imagination, and it was his study with Abdullah that gave Murphy the foundations to his understanding in the field of subconscious mind and using the power of imagination to change our lives. Another author who also studied under Abdullah is the mystic Neville Goddard, who also teaches about the power of imagination."

So Joseph was taught by the same man that taught Neville.

The stopping point seems to be Abdullah. I really wish I could get into where HE came from with his ideas.
Abdullah mentions " Divine Brothers" , is this the same as the Ascended Masters?

" Ascended Masters, in various descendants and offshoots of theosophy, are held to be a group of spiritually-enlightened beings, who in past incarnations were ordinary humans, but who have undergone a process of spiritual transformation. The term "Ascended Master" was first introduced to the public in 1934 with the publication of Unveiled Mysteries by Guy Ballard in The "I AM" Activity."

Ahhhhh....the "I AM" Activity....now that sounds familiar.

" Originally presented by H. P. Blavatsky in the 1870s, the "Masters of Wisdom", "Mahatmas" or "Elder Brothers" were further developed by C. W. Leadbeater, Alice Bailey, Helena Roerich, Manly P. Hall, and many others in theosophy-based organizations, especially in the United States. They believe that Ascended Masters are individuals who were formerly embodied on the Earth and learned the lessons of life during their incarnations. They gained mastery over the limitations of the matter planes, balanced at least 51% of negative karma, and fulfilled their Dharma (Divine Plan). An Ascended Master, in such an understanding, has become God-like and a source of unconditional "Divine Love" to all life, and through the Ascension has united with his or her own "God Self", the "I AM Presence"."

Sound familiar?

But check this out...
" When I first met my friend Abdullah back in 1931 I entered a room where he was speaking and when the speech was ended he came over, extended his hand and said: “Neville, you are six months late.” I had never seen the man before, so I said: “I am six months late? How do you know me?” and he replied: “The brothers told me that you were coming and you are six months late.” " -Neville Goddard

Now that was 1931, Unveiled Mysteries by Guy Ballard was published in 1934. And by what Neville said, I am guessing Abdullah had been teaching several years before 1931. He studied with him for 5 years after, so Neville became a "teacher" around 1936.

But The "I AM" Activity was founded by Guy Ballard in 1930, 4 years before the book came out.

Was Abdullah part of the "I AM" Activity?

Next: Contrasting The "I AM" Activity and Neville's teachings.

technorati tags: law of attraction book,law of attraction,the laws of attraction,the law of attraction,secret of law of attraction,secret law of attraction ,laws of attraction,the secret law of attraction,spiritual healing training,psychic spiritual healing

No comments:

Popular Posts