Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Let me sleep on it: Creative problem solving enhanced by REM sleep



Let me sleep on it: Creative problem solving enhanced by REM sleep:

"Research led by a leading expert on the positive benefits of napping at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine suggests that Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep enhances creative problem-solving. The findings may have important implications for how sleep, specifically REM sleep, fosters the formation of associative networks in the brain.

The study by Sara Mednick, PhD, assistant professor of psychiatry at UC San Diego and the VA San Diego Healthcare System, and first author Denise Cai, graduate student in the UC San Diego Department of Psychology, shows that REM directly enhances creative processing more than any other sleep or wake state. Their findings will be published in the June 8th online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)."

Well that's something we have never heard about isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I never asked you about Gregg Braden, did you read his books?
Thanks,
and thanks for your Blog, it is very important for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
did you read Gregg Braden's books and what you think about?
Many thanks!
ps
I'm so happy to read you

SabrebIade said...

I haven't gotten to him yet, but I plan to.

Popular Posts