Monday, August 17, 2009

Joseph Murphy and the Law of Attraction, Part 1


Joseph Murphy and the Law of Attraction, Part 1

I told you that I was going to start Joseph Murphy and the Law of Attraction and I have.
But the techniques he lays down for manifesting and the ones Neville Goddard uses are very similar.
Probably because they both studied under Abdullah.
I wonder why he never wrote anything?
Did he leave it to his students?

Anyway, one line kept popping up in my head that I had read in "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind".
And that is in chapter 6, " Practical Techniques in Mental Healings".
At the end of the chapter he talks about "The Decree Method".
And there he quotes the Bible, Job 22:28:
"Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways."

I kept thinking about that and sure enough, in "Your Faith Is Your Fortune" by Neville Goddard, Chapter 2 is called " You Shall Decree"
Here Neville quotes Isaiah 55:11 in the opening....
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth; it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

So what about instead of mentally decreeing something, you actually say it out loud?
Take a few minutes a day and consciously say what you decree out loud?

Of course I am no expert.
And I won't start telling people how to do something until something works and I can replicate it.
And someone else I tell can replicate it.
So the Joseph Murphy and the Law of Attraction experiment continues until I see some results.
Or three weeks pass, whichever comes first.

1 comment:

Walt said...

Murphy's laws site
All the laws of Murphy in one place.

Popular Posts