The Secret premier was broadcast through the Internet on March 23, 2006 using Vividas technology. It is still available by pay per view through streaming media, and available on DVD at The Secret, the official site for the film. A new extended edition of The Secret was released to the public on October 1, 2006 and later featured on two special episodes of The Larry King Live Show on November 2, 2006 and November 16, 2006. The episodes are called "Beyond Positive Thinking" or "The Power of Positive Thinking."
On December 1, 2006, comedienne Ellen Degeneres followed suit by presenting two of The Secret teachers on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Oprah Winfrey presented The Secret on her show on Thursday February 8, 2007. The Australian television premiere was on channel 9 on Saturday, February 3, 2007.
The movie is advertised on the Internet using tease advertising and viral marketing techniques in which "The Secret" and the specific details of the film were not revealed.
The first twenty minutes of the movie has been made available at Google Video by Dragon 8 Publicists and DrewPictures.net to promote the DVD and other related titles.
Although the DVD is not sold at national bookstores, it was one of the top five DVDs sold at Amazon during Christmas week, 2006. A book version, also called "The Secret" reached the top ten of The New York Times bestseller list.
Time Magazine describes the brisk sales of the DVD through New Age bookstores, and New Thought churches like Unity and Agape.
Journalist Jeffrey Ressner, reporting in Time Magazine, writes that some critics are concerned with the film’s attitude towards "using ancient wisdom to acquire material goods". In one example in the film, "a kid who wants a red BMX bicycle cuts out a picture in a catalog, concentrates real hard, and is rewarded with the spiffy two-wheeler."
Aggressive marketing
Since the first release of the DVD, Esther Hicks declined to continue with the project, mentioning contractual issues in a letter to friends. Also, in the letter she and her husband say: "Jerry and I were uncomfortable with what felt to us like a rather aggressive marketing campaign (just not our style, nothing wrong with it)... allowing them to edit us out was the path of least resistance."
Health claims
ABC news referred to claims that the mind has power over our health as "perhaps the most controversial" in The Secret. They quote Michael Bernard Beckwith, founder of Agape International Spiritual Center, as saying: "I've seen kidneys regenerated. I've seen cancer dissolved,"
http://www.jonhs.net/freemovies/secret.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4At9hVa1U1A
http://www.jonhs.net/freemovies/secret.htm
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1573136,00.html
http://www.drewpictures.com/kb.asp?ID=8&Click=4690http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2681640&page=2
personal prosperity, creating wealth, true wealth, karma cleansing, abundance for life, wealth mastery, mindful meditation, wealth creation, wealth, the law of attraction, mindfulness meditation, the secret, prosperity, the laws of attraction, law attraction, life abundance, law of attraction, meditation, abundance, secret of law of attraction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have mentioned 100kwatt's YouTube channel and how he has a lot of Neville lectures posted there that you can listen to.I have been li...
-
This is a VERY long post so I have to ask you to bear with me here. As you know I am a big fan of Neville Goddard and have been readin...
-
Quotes from "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle "I cannot tell you any spiritual truth that deep within you don't k...
-
Henry Drummond, born August 17, 1851, died March 11, 1897 was a Scottish evangelical writer and lecturer. He was educated at Edinburgh Un...
-
Back in 2010 I posted a lot of Neville's book, " Feeling Is The Secret ". Well it's three years later and I'm read...
-
You know that I have presented a wide variety of manifesting techniques here, from Neville to Dr. Murphy to just about everyone I can th...
-
I can't believe I have done this blog for so long and never even touched on NLP or Neuro-linguistic programming . I guess maybe the la...
-
I have been a little quiet as of late. But I had a reason. As some of you know, I had c*ncer (I wont even grace the word by spelling it o...
-
The secret of scriptural prayer, as told in the form of a parable, is to pray and never lose heart. One such parable tells of a widow who ke...
-
I got this from someone ( I know, bad record keeping) about 4 years ago. In this series Shawn Regan breaks down Neville's techniques for...
No comments:
Post a Comment